Last week we celebrated over 100 Xero partners and practices who were finalists in the Australian Accounting Awards, with 25 crowned winners in an online ceremony on Friday 19th June. These accolades showcase the individuals and firms leading the way in the industry across Australia.
It’s a year that has underlined the importance of the industry, as COVID-19 places an enormous amount of strain on the small business community. In turn, accountants and bookkeepers are feeling the impact as they’ve become the first line of support for many clients. From decoding government stimulus packages and cash flow projections, to providing emotional aid and everything in between, our partners have been at the forefront.
As sales director in Australia, I’ve had the opportunity to see and hear about the great work our partner community has been doing to support small businesses and one another over the past few months. Now more than ever, advisors are one of the lifelines keeping small businesses afloat.
So from all of us at Xero, we’d like to say a massive congratulations to the nominees and finalists at this year’s event. Thank you for all that you do – your hard work does not go unnoticed. Now that the financial year is coming to a close, we hope you can take the time to celebrate your efforts – we’ll be raising a glass in your honour.
Individual award winners:
- Partner of the Year (Boutique Firm): Kyelie Baxter, IQ Accountants
- Public Accountant of the Year: Simone Palfreyman, Palfreyman Chartered Accountants
- New Partner of the Year: Adam Peacock, Peacock Accounting Services
- Young Accountant of the Year: Walter Lomax, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Property Specialist Accountant of the Year: Vincent Villafranca, Vista Tax Consultants
- Accounting Consultant of the Year: Pitt Martin, Teddy Kosasih
- Partner of the Year: Shane Crommelin, Elevate Accounting
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Year: Sarah Lawrance, Hot Toast
- Bookkeeper of the Year: Tamara-Lee Beveridge, BizCore 360
- Auditor of the Year: Ben Willington, Accru Harris Orchardris
- Rising Star of the Year: Brandon Tilley, SMART Business Solutions
Practice award winners:
- Business Advisory Firm of the Year: Elevate Accounting
- Diversity and Inclusion Program/Initiative of the Year: Tailored Accounts
- Fast-Growing Firm of the Year: Transfer Pricing Solutions
- Boutique Firm of the Year (20 employees or more): Fortuna Advisory Group
- Firm of the Year: Carbon Group
- Marketing Program of the Year: Illumin8
- Wellness Program/Initiative of the Year: SEIVA
- Multiservice Firm of the Year: Carrick Aland
- Boutique Firm of the Year (less than 20 employees): The Pen Accounting
- Professional Development Program of the Year: Mazars
- Bookkeeping Firm of the Year: Keeping Company
- Start-Up Firm of the Year: All In Advisory
- SMSF Firm of the Year: Hughes O’Dea Corredig
- Network of the Year: Mazars
The post Celebrating our partners at the 2020 Australian Accounting Awards appeared first on Xero Blog.